Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A day in the life . . .

Yesterday was awesome. It started with Cache pooping his pants- again. He refuses to poop in the toilet so this is a daily occurrence but yesterday was especially messy. I'll spare you the details. Later, while I was drying my hair, Cache managed to break a bottle of neon green nail polish. Neon green all over my bathroom and all over him and his new clothes. Of course, he'd be wearing his new clothes. He kept sticking his hands in it and saying "blood, blood!" It must've seemed quite the macabre scene to him. After a million why's from Jonas (i.e. "put a hat on" Why? "because it's cold and windy" Why?) and a million no's from Cache (i.e "do you need to go to the bathroom?" No "did you poop your pants" No) 3 o'clock rolls around and I already feel like I'm at my limit. Coincidentally, this is the time of day when everything goes awry. My neighbor has coined it the "witching hour." After picking the kids up from school I hurried inside to feed the baby. Cache refused to get out of the car. He wanted to be carried inside and I wasn't in the mood to indulge him. So I left him to fend for himself. Needless to say he screamed and cried, and screamed some more until I came back out. And I didn't come back out till after I fed the baby. (Don't worry: he was throwing such a massive fit no kidnapper would have wanted him) When I finally got outside I sat on the porch steps and waited for him to get out of the car himself, he did, and then tripped on a rock and scraped his knee. Bigger screams. When I picked him up I realized he was soaking wet. Yup, you guessed it. So now it's dinner time, I fix a delicious meal, stick it in the oven and a few minutes later it beeps and is flashing E2-F3. Say what??? So I reset it. A few minutes later, more beeps and flashes. I did this a few times before I realize my dinner is burning. My perfectly good chicken is now black on top and completely raw in the middle. Meanwhile, the baby is fussing and, not to be out done by his big brother, has a huge blowout. He felt better after that. So the temperature sensor in the oven is broken, which is timely because my kitchenaid gave out last week. Does this mean I don't have to cook? Delwyn went straight from work to Scouts and didn't get home till after 8 (conveniently after I put the kids to bed, hmmmm.) But he did watch the baby for me while I soaked in a very hot tub in the dark with my ipod and just breathed. *Sigh* On to another day . . . Just look at them - they think they're so stinkin' cute.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! And I'm sorry for your crappy day. Just know that youre not alone :) And please call me anytime--I'd be happy to run over and steal your kids for the afternoon. Sometimes you just have to have a few hours to yourself--just for sanity's sake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those days!! Good thing they aren't all that way huh? Cute boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you were spoiled rotten today for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete