Tuesday, May 25, 2010

YOUGOTTABEKIDDINGME!!!

Well, it happened. Regis Philbin and Kelly Rippa called my house this morning. Woke me up out of bed. We shared a few laughs, they spun the wheel. My prize: The Waikoloa Resort on the big island of Hawaii. See above photos. (they have an interactive dolphin lagoon people!) My heart was racing, my mouth was dry, a million things were running through my mind. Is this for real? They don't sound real. They sound like a recording. Did I watch the show yesterday? I can't remember- I think I watched it. Then they asked the dreaded question. Regis (or Reg, as I call him): "On yesterdays show we had actress Kim Catrell (ah yes I remember, I did watch the show, phew) In what country did we say she was originally from?" Country??? You mean she's not American??? I don't remember them saying anything about that! I remembered them talking about playing Cleopatra and how she's not a real blonde (shocker) and her characters name on Sex and the City was Samantha but what country is she from?? My heart sunk. I can't believe they finally called me and I don't know the answer! So use simple logic I told myself. There's no detectable accent she must be from Canada? "Noooooo", I hear from Regis and Kelly (aka Big Daddy and Pippa). Couldn't believe it. And then my consolation prize? Cow. $500 worth. I have to admit, it didn't make me feel any better.
But on the bright side:
#1 I'm glad I didn't know the answer at all, it would've been far worse to know the answer and just not be able to get it out.
#2 I TALKED to Regis and Kelly this morning! They called ME!
#3 Now I know it's not a hoax- I was really diligent this last month and entered the contest every day (pretty close anyway)
#4 It can happen again! I am more determined than ever to win that trip! And I pray if I do win a trip it won't be to Utah. (I mean I'll take a free trip anyday to anywhere but- come on!).
So after cleaning the house, re-living the moment on tv, and re-living it again with my visiting teachers, lamenting over it with my parents, telling everyone I know on Facebook, and involuntarily shouting out "HAWAII!!!!" every 5 minutes, I took out my new Kindle (thanks Deli for the bday present) and read Northanger Abbey and forgot about myself and what 'coulda been'. Awwwwwww . . . what a day.

1 comment: