
May 17th, Jonas turned 4 years old! A self-portrait for the occasion. Very abstract.

He decorated his own cake. Again, very abstract. I can dig it.

I turned 28. Check out Delwyns creative wrapping. He used his desk calendar. What a guy!

At the end of the month we went to Bear World with Jacks class. This is the chicken Cache was so gently petting . . . at first. Then he started hitting it and I was sure he was going to get his eyes pecked out. Who puts chickens in a petting zoo?? Seriously, not nice creatures. Later, we went back through the chicken coop (why???) and there was a lovely chicken sleeping in the window sill . . . at first. Then Cache pushed him out of the window. Cruel, I know, but if you could have seen the feathers flying and the noise that thing made as it flew out the window- you'd be laughing right now. Again, I was positive my kid would be the first kid in petting zoo history to get his eyes pecked out.

This is the deer I could not get Jonas to pet for nearly 15 min. He'd pet the big ugly pig, but the cute baby deer- wouldn't have it.

The baby bears. I just threw them in because they were so adorable. They kept wrestling too.

This is one of the kiddie rides. I was so thankful Jonas has such a nice big brother who would take him on the rides. But what I forgot is the youngest brother who has to do EVERYTHING the older ones are doing. And, unfortunately, Cache was too little to go on by himself so I had to go on all the kiddie rides with him. I was the only parent on any of the rides and I thought for sure I was going to break them. AND, I happened to know one of the people controlling the rides. Yep, fond memories. What I won't do for my kids. Actually, it's more like what I won't do to prevent my 2 year old from throwing a massive fit in public. Desperate times . . .

This is "Baloo the bear" from the people version of Jungle Book. Livin' up his retirement in Idaho. It's a good place to be.
Two year olds do call for desperate measures...like the other day when I COULD NOT GET LENNON TO LEAVE the public pool...instead of letting him kick and scream I promised him cookies, candies, Buzz Lightyear and total use of the vacuum when we got home.
ReplyDeleteSure some of it never happened but he never brought it up so...